Selina Cooper, Office Manager, Texas Floodplain Management Association
- How long have you been a member of PCMA? Over 5 years
- What do you love most about PCMA? Or how has your PCMA membership benefitted you? The education is fabulous; I know colleagues with this chapter that are different from MPI; most importantly, PCMA is about our profession – that is its emphasis; the networking comes secondary and while important, my membership with PCMA benefits me and what I do for my association.
- When you aren’t working, how do you enjoy spending your time? Working outside in my flower beds of irises and roses. And traveling the globe of course is my passion!
- What was the first concert you ever attended? Gypsy Kings in Austin about 10 years ago.
- What is a fun fact about you that not many people know? Some may consider this a “fun fact” – I wanted to be a contemplative nun fresh out of high school! Funny part of it was, no one would accept me because I needed a college degree. Now why on earth would I need a college degree when all I want to do is pray for the world 24/7? Well, now I know!
- What characteristic do you admire most in others? Their honesty – people that can look me in the eye and tell me I’m crazy or I’m okay just the way I am – flaws and all!