The Gulf States Chapter of the Professional Convention Management Association is seeking proposals to provide support to the chapter fulfilling the role of Chapter Administrator.
The mission of the Gulf States Chapter is to be the leading source for lifelong learning, connecting people and creating partnerships in the meetings industry. The principal purpose of this Chapter is to promote the goals and purposes of the Professional Convention Management Association and its members who reside or do business within the states of Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi.
The Gulf States Chapter holds educational activities, social and community service events throughout the calendar year in locations across all territories represented by the Chapter, with a specific geographic focus on are the areas of North Texas, Austin, Houston and New Orleans.
The Gulf States Chapter is governed by a Board of Directors made up of the Executive Committee, which includes the President, President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer and Past President, as well as six Board Members. The Executive Committee members each serve for a term of one year with option to be reelected to serve a maximum of two (2) consecutive terms. The elected Directors each serve staggered three (3) year terms with the option to be re-elected to serve a maximum of two (2) consecutive terms.
Scope of Work
The chapter administrator provides essential association management support to the chapter, including management of all communications, social media, event registration and logistics, and other tasks.
Experience working in a membership-based, volunteer-driven small association setting is very desirable. Experience working with a board of directors, committees and managing competing priorities is essential. Ability to effectively manage time and workload is also important, as many of the areas of responsibility are deadline-oriented. Willingness to “jump in” as needed on ad hoc projects is desirable.
PCMA HQ will provide training for the various systems and platforms, but experience in the following areas will be very advantageous:
- Aventri – the designated registration platform
- Salesforce Pardot – all chapter email communications and the membership database are managed on the Salesforce/Pardot platforms
- Google Docs – PCMA HQ maintains many of the chapter resources and information in a collaborative Google Doc – membership rosters, FAQs, etc. are all house in the GDocs. Many of the chapter-level records are also housed in GDocs – board and volunteer rosters, budgets, etc.
- Hootsuite – to manage the chapter’s social media presence on Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn – experience managing groups/pages/events in each of these platforms is a requirement.
- Canva – to create chapter graphics for social media, newsletter and other communication channels
- Dropbox – all chapter records are archived in Dropbox
- EMAIL BLASTS – Create regular email communications to member/nonmember audience. 1-2x per week delivery
- NEWSLETTER – Work with chapter leaders and members to create and curate content for monthly digital newsletter.
- WEBSITE – Create event pages, posts, and other content for chapter website. Update sponsor information and listings
- SOCIAL MEDIA – develop, schedule and monitor social media content and engagement
- REGISTRATION – Create event registration paths in Aventri, the chapter’s designated event management platform. Monitor event registration and generate reports as needed or as requested by the BOD
– Work with Program Chair(s) and the Board of Directors to facilitate and review vendor contracts.
– Work with Programs Chair(s) to create meeting resume, show flow and event specs.
– Work with Programs Chair(s) to prepare Know Before You Go communication for each event and distribute to attendees and other stakeholders
– Manage communication with event participants regarding registration, payments, etc.
– Prepare attendee name badges, rosters and CE sign-in sheets and provide to Program committee in advance of event.
– Manage onsite registration process and track attendance for CE and post-event report purposes (no shows, onsite regs, etc.)
– Prepare post-event survey and distribute post-event email
– Prepare post-event executive summary for presentation to the BOD
- CONTINUING EDUCATION – Manage accounts and requirements related to the Event Industry Council’s (EIC) CMP Preferred Provider Program, including:
– Submitting program details to EIC for approval for continuing education credit
– Audit event rosters for no-shows/onsite registrations
– Upload audited rosters to EIC portal
– Renew Preferred Provider application annually
– Ensure the chapter maintains membership in good standing with EIC CMP Preferred Provider Program
– Work with programs chair(s) and sponsorship committee to monitor sponsorship arrangements and ensure fulfillment
– Communicate with sponsors regarding deliverable deadlines
– Maintain deliverables calendar
- Monitor volunteer applications and communicate with committee chairs as needed
- Maintain BOD and committee rosters
- Maintain historical records of board and committee terms of service
- Schedule and manage BOD recurring meetings using web conference platform
- Monitor chapter email and respond to inquiries as needed
- Monitor balances, transfer funds, etc, for Paypal and Square accounts.
- Check chapter PO Box on a regular basis and forward mail to BOD members as needed
- Maintain PO Box renewal
- Maintain Operational Calendar and provide reminders/updates to BOD as needed
- Participate in PCMA Headquarters meetings / training as needed.
- Participate in PCMA Gulf States Chapter meetings / conference calls as needed.
- Adhere to the PCMA Principles of Professional Conduct.
Contract Term & Anticipated Hours
The term of this contract will be for the thirteen (13) month period to begin on June 1, 2019 through July 31, 2020. A new proposal for the renewal of services will be requested for approval by the Board with each new term. Based on current plans for events, the Chapter anticipates that the Administrator should anticipate an average of 30 hours per month plus attendance at board calls, training sessions and events where possible.
Proposal Format, Requirements
Please submit your proposal according to following specifications:
- Applicants should indicate size of organization and business history, experience in managing similar projects and provide client references for work similar in size and scope to the work outlined in this RFP.
- Indicate location of applicant’s primary office, location from which services will be offered and hours available for the conduct of chapter business.
- Applicant should address all primary work categories outlined in this RFP outlining their general understanding and approach to handling each area.
- Applicant should indicate if they are in agreement to the term of contract and the scope of work in this RFP. The proposal should include a proposed compensation package based on a monthly or per-event structure. Please include a listing of any anticipated expenses that applicant feels should be covered in the contract. All expenses must be approved prior to incurring the associated costs, including travel expenses.
- Please provide any additional information that you feel is relevant in our determination of qualifications.
PROPOSAL DUE DATE: Friday, May 3, 2019
Submit proposals in electronic form to:
Arron Brooks – President-Elect, PCMA Gulf States Chapter
Director of Sales & Marketing, Courtyard Pflugerville Austin & Pflugerville Conference Center