The PCMA Gulf States Chapter, representing more than 300 members throughout Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi, is seeking applications for its 2019 Board of Directors.
We are seeking:
Click here for full committee descriptions and responsibilities.
Applications due Monday, September 9, 2018
To apply, complete the online application form and address any inquiries to Bobby Heard, Immediate Past-President and Nominating Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why apply for the PCMA Gulf States Chapter Board of Directors? Volunteering provides tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth, building industry contacts, and developing relationships with colleagues.
- Build new skills and strengthen leadership skills you already have
- Meet new people – both friends and industry contacts
- Make a name for yourself
- Build relationships
- Experience new ideas
- Advance your career and PCMA
- President-Elect (1-year term with a 3-year commitment expected)
- Membership (1-year term
- Treasurer (1-year term)
- Secretary (1-year term)
- Director at Large (two positions, 3-year term each)
All terms begin January 1, 2020.
Board of Directors applications will be reviewed by the PCMA Gulf States Chapter Nominating Committee at the end of September after which a recommended slate of board members will be distributed to all chapter members. Candidates may be asked to participate in phone interviews with members of the nominating committee to determine suitability for the position.
Criteria & Guidelines for Selection of Board Members
1) Each nominee must be a member in good standing of PCMA and PCMA Gulf States Chapter.
2) Each elected board member must commit to attending/participating in scheduled board meetings including one teleconference per month and two half-day summit meetings plus programs offered by the chapter.
3) Each board member must freely support the goals of the chapter, giving of their time and talents with a positive attitude.
4) Each board member must support Gulf States programming to the best of their ability in terms of personal attendance and support that may include word of mouth, email and social media support.
5) Each board member must adhere to the PCMA Principles of Professional Conduct.
The nominating committee will use the following guidelines in determining the slate:
6) Current and prior participation in PCMA Gulf States Chapter events and activities
7) Responses to board application questions
8) Professional references, as provided during the board application process.
9) Prior volunteer leadership experience and committee participation.
Do you know someone who would make a great chapter leader as a member of the board of directors? Please email your recommendation directly to Jacquelyn Helton, Immediate Past-President and Nominating Committee Chair, email@example.com. Please include a few sentences about why this person would be a great candidate.
Interested in serving on a volunteer committee instead? Submit your interest form here.