- This event has passed.
Embracing Disruption: Lunch & Learn – Austin, TX
June 6 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm CDT
Embracing Disruption: The SXSW Approach to Housing & Transportation in the Sharing Economy
Mary Wilson, Director of Housing & Travel, SXSW
Kristi Carter, CEO, SuperShuttle and ExecuCar of Austin
Don’t miss this stellar line-up of panelists as they host a “fireside chat” discussion to explore how SXSW, one of the most innovative events in the world, has developed its housing and transportation strategy in the age of Uber and Airbnb. This is an interactive session and a unique opportunity to “peek under the hood” of a complex and evolving operation.
Just a few of the questions to be explored:
- What is the SXSW “philosophy” when it comes to working homeshare platforms like Airbnb, Homeaway, Uber, Lyft, etc? Would you describe your approach as collaborative, competitive, or something else?
- When you realized these “industry disruptors” were not going to be a short-lived trend, what was the biggest adjustment you had to make in your strategy?
- What are your customers telling you about the homeshare/rideshare providers and how do you respond?
- How do you envision your future relationships with these providers?
- What has been the biggest lesson? The biggest success?
Rates increase on May 30