Virtual Education: Contracting in a Post COVID World
February 17 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm CST
Join PCMA Gulf States Chapter for a Virtual Educational Program on Wednesday, February 17th and learn about Contracting in a Post COVID World!
When: Wednesday, February 17th, 11:30am – 1:00pm CT
Where: Zoom (Meeting access details will be provided upon registration)
Cost: $25 for Members / $35 for Non-members
Contracting in a Post-COVID World
Prior to 2020, negotiating with hotels and convention centers was a challenge in particular with clauses that affected both the supplier and the planner equally. Now COVID-19 is here, and negotiating has become even more challenging. What is a planner to do? What is a supplier to do?
At the end of this panel discussion, attendees will:
• Gain a better understanding of what the top 3 most contentious clauses were prior to COVID
• Understand what key force majeure language/principals are
• Gain some insight on the differences in language when drafting a cancellation clause in combination with a force majeure clause
• What are suppliers looking out for in their proposed contracts with planners? Vice versa too.
• Understand what some new clauses are being introduced (new language or specific clauses for both suppliers and planners to consider)
Subscribe to the Gulf States weekly newsletter and stay up-to-date on all chapter news and upcoming programming.