The PCMA Gulf States Chapter is actively seeking speaker proposals for its 2018 educational programs. PCMA Gulf States is a CMP Preferred Provider of professional development educational programs. All programs are submitted to the Events Industry Council (EIC) for CMP recertification credit. Topics must align with one or more of the CMP International Standards domains:
- Strategic Planning
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resources
- Stakeholder Management
- Meeting or Event Design
- Site Management
Click here for detailed descriptions of each domain.
About PCMA Gulf States
The PCMA Gulf States Chapter serves more than 300 members based in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas. Chapter membership is comprised of approximately 45% professional members and 55% supplier members. Members represent a wide range of professional roles, including convention planners & managers, venues, convention & visitors bureaus, hotels, and destination marketing organizations. Educational programs host 40-50 guests on a bimonthly basis around a variety of topics relevant to the conventions and business events industry.
2018 EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM DATES
- Wednesday, February 14 – Dallas
- Wednesday, April 11 – Austin
- Wednesday, June 6 – Dallas
- Wednesday, August 8 – Dallas
- Wednesday, October 10 – Dallas
- Wednesday, November 14 – Dallas
Speaker Proposal Requirements
- Brief overview of your presentation, including at least three learning objectives.
- Brief speaker bio including professional background and qualifying experience
- At least two references from groups of similar size and focus
- Any other requirements such as speaking fee, travel/transportation needs, etc. The Chapter prefers to select speakers who are local to the venue, but may offer to cover limited travel expenses in certain cases.
Submission Instructions & Deadlines
To be considered, proposals should be submitted as far in advance of the program as possible, but no fewer than 90 days in advance of the program date. Speakers will be selected and confirmed at least 60 days in advance of the program date.
The Programs Committee will review and vet all proposals. Final decisions will be made by the Programs Committee Co-Chairs, in consultation with the Board of Directors.
PCMAGS is managed by a volunteer board of directors and committee members. If you have questions about submitting your speaker proposal, please contact:
Nann Philips, CMP, CMM, DES
PCMA Gulf States Chapter Programs Co-Chair
Scurry Street Meeting Management, LLC
Owner & Chief Event Strategist