- This event has passed.
POSTPONED: March Education Luncheon
March 25 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm CDT
POSTPONED: All registration fees for March Education will be refunded.
Serendipity Labs Dallas Uptown Arts
2323 Ross Ave 1st Floor
Dallas, TX 75201
The Gulf States Chapter is happy to present Mark Herrera, Director of Education, Life-Safety for the International Association of Venue Managers here in the Dallas Area. With the ongoing issue with COVID-19, we’ve expanded the presentation to cover more than just this specific situation. Join us as Mr. Herrera presents:
Securing Events through Exceptional Focus, Performance and Control in Extreme Situations (Situational Awareness)
Augmenting situational awareness and mitigating risk through guest Service Interjection by providing the tools to increase observational capabilities of Threats. Employees, Key Stakeholders and will receive the tools of survival by learning to scan the environment and sense danger, challenges, and opportunities, while maintaining the ability to conduct normal activities. Mitigating Risk through Guest Service Interjection.
- Increasing Observational Capabilities outside of the traditional Physical Security Measures
- Enhancing conflict management to assist one in preventing confrontations from becoming volatile situations
- Enhancing professionalism and assisting employees in recognizing the impact their words or actions have on the public
- Identifying pre-assault indicators and non-verbal “behavioral posturing” prior to threat engagement
- Controlling the body’s physiological effects during uncomfortable situations to gain maximum control with a positive outcome
- Reducing vicarious liability by training employees how to handle encounters skillfully and professionally thereby, reducing potential complaints and lawsuits
- Understanding the Current Threat Environment
- Industry Security Initiatives/Resources
- Leveraging guest services to mitigate safety and security risks
You cannot afford to miss this important presentation. Register today. Space is very limited and is filling up fast!
Serendipity Labs is located in the Hall Arts Building. Nearest parking is in the Hall Arts Garage, located on Ross Avenue between Leonard and Crockett Street (between the HALL Arts building and the HALL Arts hotel). Guests may park in any of the non-reserved parking or visitors parking on level P-3. Cost is $5 per hour.
NOTE: Gulf States Chapter will cover all Planner Professionals Parking.